Negotiations are about inquiring about the individual parties – what are their needs? What is the value of the property? What is the feeling? Are both parties equally paired in negotiation techniques and feelings?
1. The monthly difference of $3000 per month is about 15 dollars at 4.5% over years – does your buyer qualify for this? Is it worth a couple of Starbucks a month to own this house? If not, move on???? CLICK HERE TO AMORTIZE
What is the additional down payment? $0 or $300 or $600 – does the buyer have this?
2. The buyer may have requested some items from the seller that may be removed or purchased by others – such as home warranty? Home warranty can be purchased by other parties or perhaps after closing (30 days I think, please confirm.)
4. Do you have a thoughtful and specific estimate of closing costs. Ask your lender and title company to crunch the numbers – the difference in a negotiation may be won or lost based on the difference of a ballpark estimate and specific estimate.
5. Does the seller have a Title Policy – does the title policy qualify for a 20% discount to the buyer at the title company purchase of title insurance. Depending on type of policy, when it was purchased, and who is issuing new policy sometimes there may be a credit or reduction in cost to the buyer title insurance.
6. Take the $3,000 off our commission if you feel the benefits out weigh the consequences.
7. Discuss this with your client – strategize negotiations with your client – 1500/1500 750/750/750/750 – Who can participate??
8. Looking forward, you need to have an understanding of your clients home inspection expectations, as negotiations continue throughout the process. Do buyer and seller have like minds on upcoming issues. Do you expect appraisal difficulties? You need to inquire, if your buyer still wants much more or if seller has no room to budge further – setting expectations forward may be a part of the discussion now with your client and the coop agent.
9. Does the seller have the money available? Perhaps the seller is bringing money to the table – and has no more? Perhaps the seller has plenty of money on the table and just “feels” he wants more. Confirm this is not a potential short sale.
10. Bottomline, what is the property worth? Is the buyer getting a deal, a fair price, or over paying – this is always the starting point. What is fair market value?? Learn more about the GOLDILOCKS THEORY
Always follow your ethics with Cooperating Agent When Negotiating…
Standard of Practice 16-16
REALTORS®, acting as subagents or buyer/tenant representatives or brokers, shall not use the terms of an offer to purchase/lease to attempt to modify the listing broker’s offer of compensation to subagents or buyer/tenant representatives or brokers nor make the submission of an executed offer to purchase/lease contingent on the listing broker’s agreement to modify the offer of compensation. (Amended 1/04)
1. Don’t fetch your mail constantly – turn to push every hour or simply check email a couple of times of day and create greater peace and less distraction, too!
To turn it off: Navigate to Settings>Mail>Fetch New Data and change “Push” To OFF.
2. Do you really need Music Equalizer when music is simply coming through a phone. Save the good sounds for a system and keep your phone simple.
To turn it off: Navigate to Settings>Music>Set EQ to OFF.
3. Secure and Save Battery! Turn the Auto-Lock to one minute! So you need to swipe and open – at least your phone is not d-e-a-d! Save battery and Auto-Lock sooner.
To change this: Navigate to Settings>General>Auto-Lock, then tap on 1 Minute.
4. I paid for 4G but do you really need it? all the time? think about it? Use my phone quickly and have a dead battery… that’s no fun!
To Turn Wi-Fi on: Navigate to Settings>Wi-Fi> Toggle Wi-Fi To On and select the local network [including password if needed].
Turn off Notifications.
5.What notifications do you need, and what notification are you not sure about? Some things I bet you don’t even know what it is! Check this out!
To Turn off App Notifications: Navigate to Settings> Notifications and select accordingly.
I love the idea of saving my battery, saves the life of my phone! and Helps me Clean up the House! No more cords at every outlet on every level! We all have been talking about this problem so let’s get WISDOM and take ACTION!
Life is about to GET A WHOLE LOT BETTER for the REALTOR® and the CLIENT! If we learn to embrace the unfamiliar and articulate VALUE! What is your mission?
The GO STRALEY GROUP Mission Statement is our truth:
We are a team of successful REALTORS, with sustained study and preparation in advance of your call. We stand ready to deploy and craft the unique plan for your transaction that will enhance the extraordinary and mitigate the limitations. We will celebrate with you on the sunny days and we will walk beside you on the stormy days. It is by this navigation, not just by good intention, that you will likely reach your destination.
FATHOM REALTY Mission Statement is our truth:
Fathom Realty represents the future of the real estate brokerage. Our philosophy is that happy real estate agents provide the best service and give the most back to their clients. The best technology, training, support & commission splits in the industry!
SO IT IS NOT BUSINESS AS USUAL! The public does not need or want to walk into a real estate office anymore? Who has the time? Why would I want to walk into an office and have to work with the duty agent? What if I don’t like them, or they don’t understand my lifestyle? Office environments limit choice and Internet environments expand choice! The secret formula, is CUSTOMERS LIKE CHOICE! Fathom Realty, was awarded a badge of honor – 2014 INC 500 FASTEST GROWING REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE!
Rebecca and Michael Straley will tell you why it is good for the Client and the REALTOR®
YOU NEED TO BE AUTHENTIC! and you need to have the integrity to deliver what you say you will!
DRIVE YOUR BUSINESS
BY KNOWING YOUR MISSION,
ARTICULATING YOUR MISSION
AND WORKING WITH A GROUP OF PROFESSIONALS that operate a business!